Communications Team Assistant
Our busy downtown client is a non profit organization looking to fill a Communications Team Assistant. The Communications Assistant works primarily with the Communications Team Communications Designer, and Information Specialist) to ensure internal and external communication, including marketing, brand management, needs assessment and customer service activities.
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities:
- Basic administrative support to Communications Consultant and Information Specialist, including answering phones and email, distributing and preparing mail, serving as office reception and other administrative duties as required.
- Format seminar materials and other print publications to typographical and digital pre-press requirements.
- Prepare formatted documents for printing (including Table of Contents, Twitter-How-To, Agenda, Cover Pages, memos, box labels, print instructions etc.
- Providing support to Communications Consultant, as per her direction, based on weekly priorities. This may include brochure development, website development/maintenance, newsletter production, vlog and blog creation, volunteer communication pieces, marketing pieces for Educational Resources or Live events.
- Social Media Support, source and submit relevant digital content to Communication Consultant for tweets, creates events on Facebook and LinkedIn to advertise on Twitter, develop content for Facebook, Twitter and blogs to be approved by Communications Consultant.
- E-Marketing, maintaining consistent –e-marketing presence got pieces like Early Bird registrations and specialty programs.
- Provide basic market research support – prepare and generate research reports, as per direction of Communications Consultant and Executive Team.
- Special projects/support as required
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to multi-task
- Highly organized, deadline –oriented
- Ability to follow direction and attention to detail
- Basic graphic skills and basic social media knowledge
- Basic video shooting/ Photography skills and editing is an asset, but not required
This is a temporary to permanent position and will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
If you are interested in this position, please email your resume with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or complete the form below.
Thank you in advance for your interest.